Computational Design Symposium
Berlin, May 7-8 2024
AXICA Convention Center : Pariser Platz 3
CDFAM Computational Design Symposium Series brings together leaders in the fields of design, engineering and advanced manufacturing to explore emerging technologies, approaches to computational, generative and simulation driven design for at all scales.
Where: AXICA, Berlin, Germany
When: May 7-8, 2024
Registration: Early Bird Tickets available now
Speakers include experts from NASA, Arup, Carbon, DTU, University of Bristol, Royal Haskoning DHV, New Balance, Cognitive Design Systems, nTop, Synera and more.
In 2024 the agenda for CDFAM is structured to cover the interdisciplinary nature of computational design. The event is organized around two foundational frameworks: ‘Scales of Design’ and ‘Dimensions of Execution.’
Scales of Design:
- Micro: Focus on material-level design considerations
- Meso: Exploration of metamaterials and structures
- Macro: Discussion on topology optimization, surface and parts
- Mega: Exploration of architectural system design methodologies
Dimensions of Execution:
- Academic: Cutting-edge research in design science
- Algorithm: Software tools and algorithms enabling advanced design
- Application: Real-world engineering challenges addressed and explained
- Automation: Scaling design to production for volume and/or diversity
Through these frameworks, attendees will gain insights into how computational design principles and methodologies traverse across different scales and various execution contexts.
CDFAM 23 Opening Keynote
Onur Yüce Gun – Design Computation Human
CDFAM 23 Closing Keynote
Prof. Neil Gershenfeld – Roadmap to Replicators